1. Make a deposit.
2. Prepare your custom butcher order.
3. Pay balance at pickup.
2. By phone—or in person at a Farmers Market—tell us how you would like your pork cut and processed. If you have never made a “cut sheet” for a butcher don’t worry. We’ll guide you.
3. You will receive an email as soon as your order is ready about three to six weeks after the harvest date. Most hogs are harvested on the second week of the month. So a November harvest should be ready by the winter holidays. A December harvest is ready in January. Delivery is free within 30 miles of the farm.
4. Most half pigs need about three cubic feet of freezer space with a finished weight of 75 to 90 pounds.
• $7 per pound of cut, wrapped and frozen fresh pork*
• .90 per pound for sausage in links. No extra charge for loose sausage.**
• 2.50 per pound for brining and smoking (bacon and ham.)***
• The finished weight of a half pig ranges from 70 to 90 pounds.
• A minimum of 20 pounds is needed to make sausage. Recipes available are: Ground Pork, Mild Italian, Sweet Italian, Hot Italian, Kielbasa, Breakfast, Regular, and Apple Cinnamon.
Custom Cut Butchering Options
The checklist below gives the common choices for each portion of the pig. Check one option for each portion. Please ask if you do not see a cut you are seeking. Skin-on cuts require scalding which is not available during cold weather harvest season. The hair grows too thick to effectively remove after the first frosty nights. All trim and fat is used for ground pork and sausage.
[ ]bacon, sliced [ ]fresh, whole [ ]to sausage
[ ]fresh, whole [ ]No thanks
[ ]roasts, 3-5 lb [ ]steaks [ ]shoulder (Irish style) bacon, sliced
[ ]cubed/stew cut [ ]to sausage
Shoulder, 8-12 lb:
[ ]roasts, 3-5 lb [ ]steaks [ ]cubed/stew cut [ ]to sausage
[ ]fresh, whole [ ]brined and smoked [ ]to sausage
[ ]chops [ ]roasts, 3-5 lb [ ]smoked chops
[ ]spare ribs, half-racks [ ]to sausage
[ ]bacon, sliced [ ]fresh, 2” strips [ ]quartered
[ ]roasts, 3-5 lb, [ ]chops [ ]cubed/stew cut [ ]to sausage
Ham, (10-15 lb):
[ ]fresh roasts, 3-5 lb [ ]fresh steaks [ ]cubed/stew cut [ ]smoked roasts, 3-5 lb [ ]smoked steaks [ ]to sausage
[ ]fresh tenderloin, whole
[ ]Hot Italian [ ]Mild Italian [ ]Sweet Italian
[ ]Breakfast [ ]Kielbasa [ ]Regular (salt and pepper)
[ ]Apple Cinnamon [ ]Ground Pork
[ ]links [ ]rope [ ]breakfast links
[ ]breakfast patties [ ]loose/bulk