Visitors to Cayuta Sun Farm during the 5th Annual Finger Lakes Permaculture Permaculture Weekend are offered a morning “Introduction to Permaculture“ presentation, a pork sausage BBQ Lunch and tours of the farm.
If the weather and mycelium cooperate, shiitake mushrooms will be fruiting on the logs in our mushroom yard. Tour participants will be able to purchase by the pound mushrooms they harvest on their own.
In addition, a collection of local farms and vendors will be open for business from 10 am to 4 pm in a mini-farmers market. The line-up includes:
- Sunset View Creamery: cheese
- Here We Are Farm: Vegetables
- Bread Head Home Bakery: croissants, bread, and coffee
- Danby Farms: Vegetables, Fruits and Knife-Sharpening
- Almosts Apiary: Honey
- Country Scratch Cookies: Cookies
- Magic Gardens Plant Nursery: Annual & Perennial Plants
- Frozen pork and poultry from Cayuta Sun Farm will also be available.